Rolled Lamb Saddle
To cook to medium
1. Make sure the joint is at room temperature. (Take out of fridge 1 hour before cooking).
2. Pre-heat oven to 190 oC
3. Season well with Classic lamb rub
4. Get a pan smoking hot
5. Sear in hot pan until coloured all over. (2-3 mins approx)
6. Place on oven tray in re-heated oven for:
1 kg joint: 1 hour 2 kg joint: 2 hours
7. Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 mins before serving.
PLEASE NOTE: To cook to perfection, professional chefs would use a meat thermometer.
Interior Temperatures for precise cooking: Medium rare: 60oC, Medium: 70oC, Medium Well: 80oC